Sunday, March 16, 2014

DIY or DIE

Great news, I joined a craft group! My sweet friend from high school, Kate Gallacher put together a monthly craft possy to help us meet new friends and finally execute our forever pins of cute crafts on Pinterest. I've been so excited for this to start and this month was my turn!

To explain how this is all going down, just in case you would like to start your own, here are the deets:

-Our group consists of 12 girls (1 girl per month)
-Every 2nd Wednesday of the month we meet up at 7pm to craft it up
-Each month a different girl will host the craft
(hosting consists of having everyone over, picking the project, getting the supplies, and of course providing snacks)
- Every girl pays $15/month to participate. 
-We have a craft bin holding all the extra supplies from past crafts (so they can be recycled in a different project) that gets passed from host to host at each activity. 

I created this little calendar and sent it out to everyone in the mail via Pixingo (which makes it easy) trying to prove my domesticity.  (ignore the red squiggles, those didn't get printed)


My efforts in proving my domestic self were to no avail. I couldn't hide my lack of crafty talent for long. I saw this darling idea on Pinterest that seems simple enough. All you need is a plain white mug and a sharpie, what could go wrong? The girls would soon see right through me! I had high hopes that craftiness would just spring out of me when I needed it most and DIY would become a suffix to my name.

Lets just say I'm learning it takes practice and patience. Although my DIY skills are in the making, I do love to throw a P A R T Y. Here's how it turned out!




Disregard the limited space in our condo, presentation was a little smushed. 
















Everyone else's mugs turned out DARLING. I wish so bad I would've taken pictures of all of them. All you need is a blank mug and a gold sharpie. Design as you wish and bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. *Let the mugs cool COMPLETELY. (or learn the hard way)

DISCLAIMER: I had someone message me who tried the mugs... guess you shouldn't put them in the dishwasher! I hand-washed mine, so they have stayed decorated. Some dishwashers may erase all your hard work.

The drink in the giant mason jar was a hit:

Simply Limeade 
Diet 7Up
Mint Leaves
Lime
Love

Food served was different, easy, and great for parties:

Sliced apples from Costco on lollypop sticks
Caramel and Chocolate fondue 
+ toppings 
(heath bar bits, oreo bits, coconut, & peanuts)

We also munched on a yummy salad and rolls. It was a delicious and domestic evening. 

Let me know how yours turns out! 

DIY or DIE

No comments:

Post a Comment